Monday, December 20, 2010

Green Acres Weekend Update

It's 9:44 Monday morning, and I'm pushing these Weekend Updates later and later!  'Tis the season to be busy, so posts may be sporadic, but here's the past week, in photos, for the most part.

Baking, in various forms, took place all week.  Here are gingerbread cookies dipped in white chocolate.  I will post the recipe when I get a chance. (Update: CLICK HERE for the recipe!)

Renovations.  Byron had two snow days from school, but that didn't mean he didn't work!  Here is our hallway on Thursday...

...on Friday...

...and on Saturday.

When I walked downstairs on Sunday morning, the re-installed heart pine flooring made a big impression.  Quite different than walking down to plywood!  The next step will be to sand the floors down and apply a clear finish, but that probably won't happen until spring or summer.

The dining room, for Sunday's gathering with family.  No, you wouldn't see anything like this in a Pottery Barn magazine, but the room is de-cluttered (it was our storage room for months), our lovely chandelier installed, and the old chandelier with the exposed wires properly disposed of.  Despite the mismatched chairs, dishes, and plywood floors, no one cared and we had a wonderful time.

Monday's snow.

Thursday's snow.  Not the best photo, but it was freezing and my camera and I both preferred to stay indoors.
Another thing accomplished this week: I made a winter skirt!  And then I got a case of Mommy Brain and forgot to ask Byron to take pictures of me wearing it.  The process was fun and challenging and I learned quite a bit, which I will share with you in a later post. 

And if I don't get a chance to post until after the holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 

Isaiah 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment