So here's what happened in the later part of last week and the early part of this week. First, the guys installed a new front door that we had ordered ourselves a couple weeks ago. They had to cut back the entrance a bit because apparently, even though we ordered the same size door, everything is made bigger nowadays. Yup, even construction materials are supersized. So here is our new entrance hall. Can you begin to visualize what it will look like? I can!
Oh, and here's Byron and his legs installing insulation under the hall:
They also installed a new patio door. The old one had rotted because of the water from the brick patio splashing onto it during rainstorms over the years. We're really, really hoping that gutters help that problem, but if they don't, the patio will have to be rebuilt, too.
Here's the parlor. Byron had a much easier time insulating this room!
We found out last week that the windows won't be in until the 13th, and probably not installed until the week after. Even though the contractor had ordered the windows a while back, the companies will now wait to ship to a location until the truck is full. Since we have the roofers scheduled for next week, Lloyd went ahead and built up the window sills so the new windows can be popped right in (hopefully). Here's the window-to-be in the upstairs bedroom. Notice the studs the termites had eaten have been repaired.
And Tyvek is the new brick. How chic!
There is a slight chance the contractor is going to install the drywall. We bought it, so it's on site right now, but we're waiting until they run the numbers to calculate what the job has cost so far. Mudding is apparently a learned skill, and if they don't do it, it will have to be one that I quickly acquire through YouTube University.