A few weeks ago we found a good deal on three guineas, and as they've been growing, it even appears that we managed to pick out one male and two females...just what we wanted. However, these fowl, which originate from Africa, have proven quirky, to say the least. So from our novice experience as guinea owners, we've found that you might be a guinea if...
1. You're so ugly that you're cute.
2. The size of your head is directly proportional to your I.Q. (Seriously. I think they might be the dumbest creatures on God's green earth.)
3. You successfully ingest the stink bug the neighbor brings over, then proceed to fertilize the front porch with it.
4. You knock on the front and back doors with your beak.
5. You insist on roosting on the garden fence and must be caught and physically placed into the hen house every single night.
6. You chase my mom to her car.
7. You eventually get tired of being caught every single night and take matters into your own hands by roosting on the chimney.
8. You decorate said chimney to make it look like it's been TP'd.
9. You randomly make either cute chirping noises or loud death squawks.
10. You eat the Barred Rocks' food because they think you're their baby.
Do you have any experience raising guinea fowl? Do yours act as bizarre as ours do?
I'm linking up to the Barn Hop! Click below to read some fabulous blogs!